Option HTML is OFF

Got any comments about the foxtango.org site, anything you would like to see included or even removed?

Moderators: KE7GUY, KC9FOZ, EA5/G0KOM, KG6JEV

Option HTML is OFF

Postby VE7ALQ » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:27 pm

Would you consider allowing HTML in our posts? I notice that when quoting someone, the text is not specially marked and I have to be careful to draw attention to where the quoted text ends and where my reply begins. There is a [quote] ... [/quote] but because HTML is OFF it doesn't work properly.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?
VE7ALQ

Re: Option HTML is OFF

Postby EA5/G0KOM » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:42 pm

VE7ALQ wrote:Would you consider allowing HTML in our posts? I notice that when quoting someone, the text is not specially marked and I have to be careful to draw attention to where the quoted text ends and where my reply begins. There is a
but because HTML is OFF it doesn't work properly.

Ive switched on BBcode, but not HTML, but I will monitor things in case anyone starts posting links to pictures, we dont want to appear heavy handed with the board, especially as other special interest groups allow either HTML posting or BBcode, I think in the interests of the group and to enable people to post replies with Quotes we will leave BBcode on for now and monitor it, but if its obviously abused then it will be disabled

But as soon as anyone posts a Jpeg image of their FT-101B which is 20mb in size then thats it :-)

Adrian

EA5/G0KOM---ZC4MK---VP8COI
EA5/G0KOM
Site Admin

Thanks Adrian

Postby W4CLM » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:42 am

I've got to agree wiht Adrian here. Little need for HTML
It would be cool to have little pictures next to your name and all.
But it really opens up a whole new door of problems for the Site Admin and moderators, so I think we will pass on that for now.

We will eventually have a club photo album, we are working on that. And there are a lot of places we can post photos if you send them to me or the Photos section on any of the Yahoo Groups fourms.
I hope you're not too disappointed with our decision on this

And Adrian, Thanks Adrian for picking up the slack on this.
I can't possibly be in all places at all times.
It's a real pleasure having you as sute Admin on this fourm with us!
I just can't be thankful enough for your friendship and
dedication to the club!

Best 73
Carol W4CLM
W4CLM
Site Admin

Oooops....

Postby KB7VCO » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:21 am

Sorry gang.... I'm the rummy who posted pictures of old Yaesu mic's, dummy-loads & clocks in the "wanted" section. I wasn't aware that it would cause a problem.

Sincerely,

Mike – kb7vco
KB7VCO

What is BBCode? How is it used?

Postby VE7ALQ » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:21 pm

Could someone please tell me what BBCode is, and how to compose a message containing
BBCode directives?

Thank you and 73's de VE7ALQ
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?
VE7ALQ

BBCode and stuff

Postby EA5/G0KOM » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:22 pm

BBcode is very similar to HTML, you will now be able to post a reply with quotes etc etc, and link to other pictures, althought he pictures will be external to this site, they can still cause problems if they are very large, but myself, Carol and the moderators will monitor this anyay, I have no doubt that the users/member of this board will not abuse it in anyway so I am not overly worried

Carol, we can switch Avatars on if you like, its easy to do and will enable you to have that kewl little picture on your posts next to your callsign, just say the word, im close to having the Gallery working so I think we will have that in one form or another by next week

and Mike, not a problem, the board is our new baby and we are all still learning, I think we are all chuffed to bits as to how well its worked out, at this point in time we have 161 registered members and we have not even been going for 1 month yet which is unreal

By the way, if you need information on anything on the board, including an explanation of BBcode, click the FAQ link at the top of this page

73 to all from Spain

EA5/G0KOM---ZC4MK---VP8COI
EA5/G0KOM
Site Admin

Return to Website Q&A