YO 100 HOOK UP

need information about accessories for your classic yaesu then post here

Moderators: KE7GUY, KC9FOZ, EA5/G0KOM, KG6JEV

YO 100 HOOK UP

Postby musketeer58 » Sun May 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can advise me on how to hook up a YO 100 monitor scope to n FT 101E. Yes, I do have the manual and it does look straight forward but I`m just a bit puzzled about the connection between the Mic jack on the 101E and "J1" on the monitor scope. I`m assuming that a wire or wires would need to be connected into some of the pins on the mic plug and then to "J1" on the monitor scope but it doesn`t say which pins or anything like that so, if somebody could give me some advice or where to get it from, it would be very much appreciated. Cheers and 73`s :)
I`LL BE BACK!
musketeer58

Re: YO 100 HOOK UP

Postby N2NF » Sun May 29, 2011 1:41 am

HI,

A review of the FT-101E mic jack shows that pin 2 is the mic audio input and pin 1 is the shield.

So, to connect J1(Tone Out) from the YO-100 use a shielded audio cable and connect the center conductor of the cable to the RCA plug center pin. The shield of the cable to the body of the RCA plug. Connect the center conductor of the cable to pin 2 of a four pin mic connector and the shield of the cable to pin 1. Then once connected you can use the MOX switch on the rig to switch to TX. This will allow you to conduct two-tone SSB tests on the exciter and linearity tests on an RF amplifier. Follow the procedures in the YO-100 Users Manual.

Hope this helps.

Bob N2NF
N2NF
N2NF

Re: YO 100 HOOK UP

Postby musketeer58 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:33 am

Many thanks for the reply Bob. I won`t get a chance to try it for a couple of weeks but when I do, I`ll let you know how it went.

Cheers

Adrian (VK6 ZA)
I`LL BE BACK!
musketeer58

Return to Accessories