YAESU FL-7000 Band Data

L@@king for info for your amplifier

Moderators: KE7GUY, KC9FOZ, EA5/G0KOM, KG6JEV

YAESU FL-7000 Band Data

Postby radioshopbob » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:40 pm

I just bought a Yaesu FL-7000. I am having a problem with the Band Data cable. I seems if I have the cable plugged into the radio and the amp I can not transmit with the amp turned off. If the amp is turned on, and I key up on SSB everything seems to work OK. When I turn the amp off, away goes my SSB tranmit (no power out). What is going on here?? Is this normal, and if so it is pretty stupid of Yaesu to have things work like this. Many thanks for any info may have.
Bob Meadows W6MTM
radioshopbob

Postby W4CLM » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi Bob,
I'm soprry to say I have little to NO informaton about that amplifier around here. I wish I could help you more on this.

You might try to dig into this just a bit more Bob. Try to figure out which lines are for keying, tuning, ground and so on. Very strange that the amplifier would be doing this: Amp turned off and NO TX.

I don't know if it would be practical to do, but you might try this: If it's possible by breaking out the individual contacts on that amplifier cable, you could try to disconnect ONE wire at at a time. Test the rig and see what it's doing. If the problem remains. Put the wire back on the contact then move on to the next wire and see if you can get the rig to transmitt. Once you find the wire that allows the transceiver to TX, you'll be well on your way to figuring out what the heck is going on here. If you can isolate down to one particular wire in the cable, then you'll have to trouble shoot from there. If you're succesful in isolating the wire that appears to be causing the problem, then make an educated guess if you think something is being grounded when it should not be, while trying to figure out if you need to look into the amp itself or back to the rig.
If you get that far, I would then consider looking towards the amplifier for the problem on that particular line.

Goood luck, sorry if I'm not much help. Kind of grabbing for straws here but you have to start some place.
Regards
Carol W4CLM
W4CLM
Site Admin

Postby k7stu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:07 am

Hey Bob,
Everything you need to know about a Yaesu FL7000 go here:
http://www.n4ats.com/
k7stu

Postby k7stu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:08 am

Sorry didn't realize post was that old.
k7stu

Re: YAESU FL-7000 Band Data

Postby w6mtm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:49 am

I am still having the same problem, and not even Bill Grassa knows why this is happening. I am looking for a new Band Data Cable for the Yaesu FT-1000. This is the cable that goes between the radio and amp, and allows the amp to band change with the radio. Thanks, Bob W6MTM
w6mtm

Return to Amplifiers QRO