Fl 2100 part numbers.

L@@king for info for your amplifier

Moderators: KE7GUY, KC9FOZ, EA5/G0KOM, KG6JEV

Fl 2100 part numbers.

Postby andy2e0osx » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi, I recently purchased an FL2100 that needs some tlc. I need to get my hands on the original Yaesu part numbers, any info would be very much appreciated. Cheers, Andy.
andy2e0osx

Yaesu FL-2100 RF Amplifier

Postby Ghostwriter » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:21 am

Hello Andy,

Well there are several versions of the Yaesu FL-2100 RF Amplifier. If you are a bonafide Electrical Engineer, I hope you do not have a 9 Position Band Switch that has gone bad, Arced & Switch Contacts Burnt because the component is No Longer Available through Yaesu Parts Department.

I've been searching all over the Internet for either a surplus or a new substitution 9-Position Rotary Band Switch to install into the FL-2100 Series RF Amplifiers.

Here's the Fox Tango webpage link for the amplifier:

http://www.securesystemsnw.com/ft/ft-library/FT101/FT101.htm

Scroll about halfway down the page on the lefthand side and you'll see a JPG of the RF amplifier. Right below there are two (2) PDF documents to download and Copy to your computer's hard drive.

Dan
WA9WVX
Ghostwriter

Postby andy2e0osx » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks for that Dan, the amp I have is an FL2100, there is a five band switch on it, and covers 10m-80m. I am a bonafide electical engineer, I work on extra high voltage (33kv - 500kv) cabling and over head line projects in the south east of England, maintenance, repairs and overlay of the old oil filled cables. It is not easy to get original Yaesu part numbers or spares here in the U.K. Yaesu U.S.A. just deal within northern America.
andy2e0osx

FL-2100 RF Amplifier

Postby Ghostwriter » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:16 am

Hello Andy,

I went out the Internet to do a little research on Yaesu U.K. and came up almost empty handed. It seems that Yaesu doesn't want to do business directly, only through their assigned Land Mobile Radio Dealersships around the world. This may be part of the purchase agreement between MOTOROLA, Inc and YAESU when the company's Land Mobile Radio Products being Vertex & Standard were merged into MOTOROLA, Inc itself.

I did find a couple of things "if" you don't already have the information, This is the U.K. YAESU Dealership:

http://www.yaesu.co.uk/

Or this:

No telephone numbers or URLs are provided for either location:

YAESU U.K., LTD.
Unit 12
Sun Valley Business Park
Winnail Close
Winchester, Hamshire, SO23 0LB, U.K.

Or

YAESU MUSEN CO., LTD.
4-8-8 Nakameguro
Meguro-Ku
Tokyo 153-8644, Japan

Perhaps you have access to the U.K. Telephone Number or even International Telephone Numbers where you are employed.

Now some comments on your E.E. Career. Whoa! "Working on extra high voltage (33kv - 500kv) cabling and over head line projects in the south east of England, maintenance, repairs and overlay of the old oil filled cables." I have never heard of Oil Filled Cables, that's a new one on me, I must be living a sheltered life but I've performmed troubleshooting and repairs of Land Mobile Radio (Base Stations) in a nearby Nuclear Power Station north of Chicago, Illinois. Those GE Turbines are nothing less that huge! Thank Goodness after the repairs were completed, I didn't Glow in the dark! :lol:

Years ago, I built a special Portable Suitcase FM Repeater for the NRC for Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania when they had the major reactor problem during the late 1970s. And I certainly didn't want to see that unit sent back for any reasons or failures. Perhaps a little too radioactive "Hot" to handle. :lol:

Dan
WA9WVX
Ghostwriter

Postby andy2e0osx » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Dan,

I dont like those neuclear powewr stations either, The oil filled cables I am referring to are lead/pvc outer sheath, the copper conductors are wrapped in a paper insulation and oil is under pressure (up to 40-50psi).
The oil keeps the papers moist (as you know oil is not a good electrical conductor) This is old technoligy, pre-pvc. There are a lot them in the ground all over the world including the USA. They are obsolete now and are being replaced with POLY-MERIC cables which are copper or aluminium conductors and an XLPE insulation, not a drop of oil in sight!
Thank you for the Yaesu information, I have been in contact with Yaesu UK today and they are trying to get the bits I need. I will let you know how it goes.
73s
Andy, 2e0osx.
andy2e0osx

Return to Amplifiers QRO