FL-2100B to FT-980 HOOKUP

L@@king for info for your amplifier

Moderators: KE7GUY, KC9FOZ, EA5/G0KOM, KG6JEV

FL-2100B to FT-980 HOOKUP

Postby KB3KCJ » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:55 pm

:D I recently posted a question about obtaining he 5 pin male plug for the FT-980 and a friend of mine (a retired brodcast engineer) gave me 5 of them. First dilemma solved. Second dilemma and the one I need help with is the hookup of FL-2100B. The FL-2100B has four screw terminals on the rear. Can anyone tell me which of these terminals I would use? The owner's manual shows the connections for the FL-2100Z, not the FL-2100B and the FL-2100Z seems to be a different animal. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
WITHOUT GOOD FRIENDS, LIFE IS IMPOSSIBLE.
KB3KCJ

Postby IK4JQS » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Dear KB3KCJ you look in this web-site

http://www.rigpix.com/linears/yaesu_fl2100b_manual.pdf

is the manual of FL2100-B...i hope you have the connections of FT980.

73 de IK4JQS
Maurizio
IK4JQS

Postby Ghostwriter » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:39 am

ED

Posting the same question in two different Fox Tango Forums doesn't solve your configuration question. I answered your question on Sunday under the H.F. Transceivers section with detailed information.

Well lets try this again ED,

You are the first ijndividual that has removed his Original POST and then entered a Second POST in exactly the same location. Haven't you ever heard of using a Thread?

This where I was wrong, Y-O-U switched it from the Amplifiers QRO section to the H.F. Transceivers section and then back to the Amplifier QRO section. This is why there are Threads so the Amateur Radio Community can follow the progress and inject suggestions on your situation.

FL-2100"B" RF Linear Amplifier - REAR LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER LOCATION

Four Screw Type Terminals Labeled:

"E" - GND "ALC" - Between AMP & XCVR "E" - GND "RY" - T/R Relay N.O. Contacr from the XCVR's PTT Circuit

IF you are worried that I'm not providing the correct information, then check with your Retired Broadcast Engineer.

Oh BTW, you can find all of the Specifications and YAESU Service Manuals on the Fox Tango Website in the PDF format plus be able to download everything to your computer's hard drive.

Dan
WA9WVX

40 Years licensed with the same Amateur Radio Call Sign
37 Years licensed with a FCC 1st Class Radiotelephone Operators License
34 Year Professional Career employed in the Land Mobile Radio Products Business, starting from a Technician level position, advancing all the way up to and including a Non-Degree Electronic Engineer performming Specialty Products Bid & Quotes, Design and Development for the U.S. Federal Government's 3-Letter Agencies and the Public Safety Markets in the USA & Around the World.

Ed think about this, "If I can communicate with Maurizio - IK4JQS who happens to be half way around the world in Italy, advise him on his YAESU RF Linear Amplifier and he has a difficult time writing in the English language then I must ask, "Why is it sooo difficult to communicate with you since we're both in the same country?"

Dan
WA9WVX
Ghostwriter

Return to Amplifiers QRO