Frequency readout error - FV-102DM - FIXED !

Discuss anything related to any of the Classic Yaesu Transceivers

Moderators: KE7GUY, KC9FOZ, EA5/G0KOM, KG6JEV

Frequency readout error - FV-102DM - FIXED !

Postby K7ZRZ » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:58 pm

--CONCLUSION--

I posted a request for assistance with this on the eHam forum, and just got a reply from a fellow who suggested that there was only a couple of trimmers on the main board that it could be... and the TC-01 he suggested was absolutely the right one. It moves the frequency in respect to the readout. Setting to zero and moving the frequency with the trimmer made it come out just right. I'm happy.

=====================

Hello all... I posted this quoted text on another forum first, but not getting a response. Perhaps someone here can help.

======================

I have recently acquired a Yaesu FT-102 and its companion FV-102DM external VFO. The ext. VFO has a frequency readout error of + 60 htz. Or...
if I'm listening to a qso on 14.300 - I have to set the VFO to 14.299.94.

I cannot find the existance of a service manual for this piece - and unfortunately, that kind of alignment information, such as is contained in great detail for the FT-102 transceiver in its operation manual, is not given in the VFO manual.

Does anyone here have any suggestions about trimming the VFOs frequency readout, or have specific knowledge about instructions somewhere for doing so?

Thanks,
Last edited by K7ZRZ on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian K7ZRZ
K7ZRZ

Postby ZL3MH » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:32 am

I have a FV101dm it has 8 memories. I have a manual for the FV101dm but first have a look at this URL is should be all their !

http://www.securesystemsnw.com/ft/ft-li ... FT-102.htm

All the best Murray ZL3MH
ZL3MH

Return to HF Transceivers